CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 14, 2007

Weekend Activities

Well the weekend is here and really we do not have many activities at all. Gwen is coming over with the boys just for a little bit on Saturday. I think that the girls and I are going to try and make it to Missy's house. But man would you believe it, my Brake light on the van every once in a while flashes on. I think that when I make a turn the fluid goes below the warning level and causes the light to come on. I am sure that I have to bring it in next week. So I am a little leery of driving it that far.
But great news! Randy got a really nice bonus check! Right in time for a car repair....go figure! This is definately a huge help with the holidays here. Now I am feeling a little bit better about Christmas spending.
But you know when you get a windfall there is usually a downfall coming soon. Well it came right away. I have been going through the underwriting process for health insurance for my self for the last 3 months. And today I got the approval and the bill in the mail. Weeeeellll. My insurance agent called to say that he could prorate it to Dec 14th so that I was not paying the back months since I had no medical bills. Great, right? Well the bad news is that my rate increased 40%!! All because of my weight and height check. I was 4 pounds over the cutoff. 17 pounds over the cutoff for 15% increase and anything below that was the original quote.

So guess who has a new NEW YEARS resolution? Yep you guessed it. I definately do not want to have to be paying an extra $50 a month because of my weight. I need to lose it anyway so why not start now. But man this is going to be tough with the holidays. But $50 a month is totally worth it to lose. That and for my own health and sanity. Hello wake up call!

So get ready to hear me pissing and moaning about exercising and eating right. If I make a mistake make sure you yell at me. Please do. It won't hurt my feelings.

1 comments:

Christy said...

You're a blogger too? I didn't know! Good to see you on here! I will keep you in my faves!

Take care,
Christy